Who We Are
We are developing the world’s first AI-powered AR navigation platform for drivers, using our ultra-efficient deep learning road-understanding AI. We are a group of dedicated professionals formed out of Harvard and the Harvard Innovation Labs in 2017, bringing expertise in deep learning, computer vision, software optimization, and UX design. We are backed by multipletier-1 mega VCs and Y Combinator (TechCrunch feature: https://tcrn.ch/2TQHATu). Now is the perfect time to join our core team and revolutionize how billions of people perceive and navigate the world!
Who You Are
We are seeking a talented machine learning and computer vision research scientist as a key hire to our team, to research and develop the most efficient and accurate deep learning computer vision models for road understanding. The candidate should have experience with
classical and deep learning computer vision techniques in lane detection, object recognition, semantic segmentation, or other related computer vision perception tasks and learning methods. Knowledge and experience in statistical machine learning, optimization, or 3D
geometry is a plus. The ideal candidate should also be a versatile software hacker who is an excellent problem solver, and is able to deliver on schedule. We also encourage scientific publication opportunities as part of this role.
● PhD in Computer Science or other related field, with a focus in Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
● Working knowledge in one of the popular deep learning frameworks (i.e. PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow, Caffe/Caffe2).
● Strong publication record in related venues, such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, BMVC, ICLR, NeurIPS, ICML, AAAI, PAMI, IJCV.
Proficient in one of the following topics
● Lane detection
● Object detection and tracking
● Semantic segmentation
● Monocular depth estimation● Multi-task learning
● Model compression and knowledge distillation
● Familiar with statistical machine learning methods, such as SVM, random forests, ensemble models, clustering, boosting, graphical models, and other non-deep learning ML methods
● Experience working with OpenCV, CUDA, OpenGL, and/or OpenCL
Phiar is a leading AI and AR company with industry leading on-device mobile deep learning AI technologies. We offer competitive salaries, company stock options, company sponsored medical/dental/vision/chiro/life benefits, commuter benefits, unlimited PTO, and we sponsorH1-B visas. We are a group of passionate and fun loving people. Join us to build something amazing and let’s change the world together!